Thursday, August 18, 2005

Want to watch Dr Mabuse?

I just learned this today from one of the e-groups. The Goethe-Institut is sponsoring a Fritz Lang silent film festival.

Here are the details -

Film screenings
August 4, 11, 18, 25, 2005
Venue: SM Megamall ( at 8:00 pm)
Free Admission
Tel: + 63 2 722 4671 to 73
Email: goethepr@pldtdsl.net

Schedule of Film screenings:

August 4 - METROPOLIS, music by Rubber Inc
August 11 - SPIES, music by The Sammy Asuncion Group
August 18 - DR. MABUSE, THE GAMBLER, music by Tots Tolentino and Buhay
August 25 - DESTINY, music by Cynthia Alexander

Dr Mabuse should be interesting.

Check out the bio of Fritz Lang. His most famous movies are Metropolis and M,with Peter Lorre as serial killer who preys on children abd is brought to task by the police and criminal undergound of Berlin.

As I said I only learned about it today. It pays to monitor the arts & life section of the sunday paper. So what is left to see is Dr Mabuse and Destiny. I wonder if it will a commercial run at the UP film center.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home